The Rising Network founded by Lilly Chang based in Stirling House are offering the event below free to all clients of Cambridge Innovation Park North.
EVENT: Mental Health Awareness Week: Looking after your well-being on 14th May, Cambridge
In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Week, the Rising Network brings you this interactive event on ‘Looking after your well-being’.
With competing demands that life presents, managing the various roles we play can become very challenging and overwhelming, and if you’re feeling the pressure, you’re not alone!
Are you feeling depleted, tired and exhausted?
Would you like to have better energy and to improve your sleep?
Would you like to gain a better balance in life?
If you are struggling and feeling down at work, do you try to hide it?
Do you feel able to let colleagues and/or your line manager know that you feel emotionally unwell?
Does your employer help you in any way when times are hard or do you think this is your responsibility alone?
During this interactive event share your experiences and insights in a sensitive discussion where the aim is to learn from each other and to walk away with tools and techniques to better look after yourself and those around you.
What to expect:
Round table groups:
Hear from an expert who will share insights and their knowledge on each topic, providing you the opportunity to talk in smaller groups.
- Maintaining your own identify, physical health and well-being whilst caring for others with Dr Minha Rajput-Ray, Occupational and Disability Physician and Medical Director
- Well-being at work with Sigrid Fisher, expert in gender, EDI and well-being at work
Throughout the event you will have the opportunity to rotate round each table or visit the Chill Zone.
The Chill Zone:
Receive guided meditation and practical yoga techniques to help maintain good health and well-being:
- Desk yoga and breathe work for neck and shoulders to relieve stress and tension. Learn yoga postures and stretches you can do at work and at your desk!
- Practical guided meditation for stress relief for those looking to unwind and relax by Sue Dunn, Certified Hypnotherapist, Personal Empowerment Coach
What will be covered and what you will take away:
- Practical strategies for self-care: sleep, nutrition, mindfulness, physical activity
- How to improve your quality of sleep and to have better energy
- The sandwich generation referred to those, usually in their 30s or 40s, who care for their aging parents while supporting their own children
- Mental health and work-life boundaries
- Wellbeing at work and how to manage mental health issues at work
- What support to expect from your employer and what employers can do to support staff
All our events are informal and we welcome all.
For more information and to book your free place, visit: https://therisingnetwork.com/event/mental-health-awareness-week-looking-after-your-well-being/ and enter promotional code TRN_INNO145