Government funding appropriate for Incubyte & IncubyteSpace members
When: Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Where: Incubyte, Stirling House, Cambridge Innovation Park
Timings: dependent on interest from the Incubyte community
Register interest: please email email@example.com to RSVP
Expected workshop content
- Available grant funding
- What is innovate UK and how is it structured;
- What makes a grant fundable project;
- What activities can be funded;
- Levels of funding available;
- Other grants available and our services.
2) R&D tax credits overview
- What it is;
- Are you eligible;
- Qualifying expenses.
3) Relevant case studies
4) Advance funding to manage your cash flow
- Who is eligible;
- How quickly can a company obtain funding;
- Who can utilise this
Key topics to be covered:
– Innovate UK grant funding,
– Horizon 2020 grant funding,
– The R&D claims process as it applies to each specific business,
– Advance Funding of future R&D claims,
– An expert approach to grant funding, what you need to know,
– Examples of eligible expenditure,
– Common misconceptions about claiming,
– Maximising your R&D claim,
– Cash flow and managing your funding timeline,
– Potential risks and complexities when claiming,
– The relationship between government funding and institutional investment.
The presentation typically lasts under an hour – thirty-minutes of which is devoted to Q&A’s.
Allowing the opportunity for companies to ask several questions within the group. Attendees will have the opportunity to
ask questions to GrantTree’s R&D specialists in open forum, as well as hearing about real life examples of the scheme in practice.
Following the presentation, for each company that has booked a session with us, there will be1-2-1 sessions.
In these sessions, we will delve deeper into participating company’s technology and funding roadmap on an individual basis. This will give each company a tailored consultation on the funding most appropriate to them.
GrantTree is a UK government funding expert, specialising in R&D Tax Credits and grant funding. Over eight years, our team of experts have enabled clients across a range of sectors and technology verticals, including agritech and the life sciences, to gain access to over £95 million of government funding.
GrantTree works with over 550 of the UK’s most innovative and fastest growing SME technology companies including SMEs, Governments, Universities and research organisations.
Will Cooper – Head of Grants
Will leads a team of 15, predominantly PHD based, experienced grant funding consultants. He has helped to
deliver grant fundable projects. These have have ranged from £50k single applicant market research studies
to collaborative R&D projects with over 15 consortium members worth £20million. He is well versed in the
process of research, selection, application writing and delivery, which go into successfully obtaining
technology grants in the UK. His expertise and experience give him a clear perspective on how best to assist companies which are seeking grant funding.
Jason Cooper – Partnership Manager
As a Partnership Manager, Jason is responsible for connecting with Institutional investors, Incubators,
Universities and Accountants to help their client base make the most out of government funding.